Friday, September 3, 2010

The Shred, day 1 & 2

I thought it was be good (at least for me) to document this little journey we decided to take called the 30 Day Shred. We have 2 days down. During the first session we laughed quite a bit, mainly at ourselves because we are severely out of shape. I didn't know what to expect for the first day and was already struggling by the time warm-ups were over. NOT a good sign. Brian and I struggled through the entire 20 minutes. We had to change our weight sizes (he took mine and I went without) a couple of times. We were sore the next morning but I think Brian was worse. He had a hard time doing anything and joked after we were done that he wouldn't be able to run a mouse the next day.

Day 2: Brian used my weights and I used Matthew's wimpy 1 pound weights. It usually didn't feel like enough weight but I didn't have any other options. I also have to keep in mind that I have 2 kids to attend to during the day and one of them needs to be lifted quite often so I have to make sure I'm not completely useless. I made it through the workout a little easier and wasn't ready to be done by the end of warm-ups...progress! I also didn't have to stop as often for a quick breather but I did have to stop because my legs hurt so bad. Brian seemed to do better with the lighter weights and didn't stop as much either. Then as soon as we were done, we had to attend to a puking kid (again).

I don't know about Brian but the goal of this is not to hit a certain weight. I need my clothes to fit and need to get in better health in general. I didn't have any problems losing weight after Emily was born but now my body is telling me I can no longer eat whatever I want, when I want and I'm gaining easier than ever before.

So, here's to day 3 and hopefully making more progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment