Monday, August 30, 2010

August, where have you gone?


It's hard to believe August is almost over. I am looking forward to what September has in store for us, though. Since my last post, we traveled to Silver Bay to see my parents. My mom had a little birthday party for Matthew and my dad.

We stayed for two nights and then went to Duluth to visit the Train Depot and Children's Museum. The kids seemed to have fun. Before heading to our hotel, we stopped by Canal Park so the kids could throw rocks in the water.

Matthew really liked that and was even brave enough to stand in the water as a huge wave came in and got him all wet. On Wednesday we traveled to Iron River, WI to stay at a cabin for a few days. It was gorgeous! After just a few minutes I told Brian I could live in a place like that. We went out on the pontoon a couple of times, Matthew and I went tubing and Brian went water skiing. We didn't have cell phone service and I honestly really enjoyed being able to just relax without having Brian looking at his phone all the time. It's hard to step away from it when you get text messages all the time or notifications when a new email arrives and since it is his work phone, he has to at least check on those things. So, I was happy to be able to have a conversation with him and know he wouldn't be looking at his phone. There was a storm Thursday night while we were at the cabin but it didn't seem to affect the kids. We came home on Friday and we found out there was another storm after we left and a tree had fallen down. We definitely look forward to going back to the cabin again!

Since returning home we've just been plugging away sorting our stuff to clear out the basement, and trying to sleep when we can. Emily is cutting 4 eye teeth and has slept through the night about 6 times in the last two months. Last night was rough and today it looks like she's getting a molar or two as well. I'm happy to see we are at a point in the basement where we can't do much without selling our stuff. That means the sorting is basically done so we need to get rid of our stuff and then we'll have room for Brian to build some shelves. After the shelves are in we can put our "keep" stuff away and start painting. Moving the kids' toys down there will make me very happy!

Well, I'll sign off for now. Enjoy the last days of August!

No comments:

Post a Comment